If you enjoy learning about the careers of musicians and music producers, continue reading about the successful careers of artist and music producer Miriam Linna and Christian vocalist and guitarist Bob Bennett.
Everything you need to know about Miriam Linna:
Miriam Linna is a successful record producer who founded the independent music label Norton Records in 1986 with her husband, fellow musician Billy Miller.
1. Miriam Linna was an artist before she became a successful music producer. While Linna was a founder member of The Cramps, Linna quit after a year in order to join the rock and roll band, Nervus Rex. After which Linna ended up singing for the Zantees and The A-Bones.
2. In 2014 Linna released her first solo album. Linna waited until 2014 in order to release her first solo album, “Nobody’s Baby”, which was published by her own record company, Brooklyn based Norton Records. Most of the tracks which featured on “Nobody’s Baby” were unique covers of little known tracks from the 1960s. As “Nobody’s Baby” received positive glowing reviews Linna released a second follow up album in 2015, “Down Today”.
3. Miriam Linna has pursued multiple different careers. As well as being a successful artist in her own right and a very accomplished music producer, Linna also worked as a professional writer and publisher and wrote articles and editorial pieces for multiple magazines. Examples of which included Sepia Magazine, The Flamin Groovies Monthly and the magazine which she published with her husband Smut Peddler.
Everything which you need to know about Bob Bennett singer: Bob Benett is a successful Christian singer who was born in California and who has been professionally singing since 1979.
1. Bennett started playing the guitar at age 9. At the tender age of 9, Bennett had the urge to pick up his first guitar. After finding out that he was a natural, Bennett decided to start his first band with some of his classmates.
2. Bennett didn’t start singing Christian music until 1979. Bob Bennett only started singing Christian music when he converted to Christianity in 1979. When Bennett was inspired to start writing songs about his faith and newfound love of God.
3. Bennett’s album “Lord of the Past: A compilation”, attracted attention from Billboard Magazine. In 1990 Billboard Magazine included Bennett’s popular album “Lord of the Past: A compilation” as the 30th album on their Top Contemporary Christian Chart. Furthermore the number one track on this particular album, which was also named “Lord of the Past”, reached the number spot on the Christian Radio Chart in 1990.
4. Bennett toured with another successful Christian artist. Michael Card Bennett attributes some of his success as a Christian artist to touring with his friend, fellow Christian artist Micheal Card. In 1990 the two men joined forces on Card’s tour The Way of Wisdom. The Way of Wisdom was a runaway success and sold-out shows across the country.
5. Bennett writes most of his songs. Bennett still writes most of his songs and is still inspired to write lyrics based on his faith.
Hopefully, you enjoyed learning a bit about the successful careers of vocalist and guitarist Bob Bennett and vocalist and music producer Miriam Linna.