Retinol is acclaimed to be the holy grail for anti-aging. You may have heard it being gushed over by your colleagues or friends, but what does retinol do for our skin?
Retinol is said to be a good agent in fighting wrinkles, increase the production of collagen, lessen pores, acne breakout and also fight-off fine lines. Moreover, it can help in reducing dark spots and make it look smaller and even.
When is the best time to use retinol?
It’s best to use retinol at night before you go to sleep because it’s when we are getting some z’s that our skin repairs, thus any skincare products we apply at night will be effective if done on a daily basis. Even in the morning, you can put moisturizer with retinol and SPF to prevent dryness and redness of your skin.
There are different retinol creams available in the market but choosing the best retinol cream that will also match what your skin needs are important. You must first read reviews about different brands of retinol creams to have some information and ask for professional advice before purchasing one.
What are the top 10 best retinol creams?
- RoC Retinol Correxion Max Daily Hydration Crème – If you want to have an instant skin-refreshing products, this hydrating cream claims to make your skin 32% smoother and glowing after just seven (7) days of continuous use. It keeps your face hydrated for 24 hours, and since it has retinol, it reduces eye wrinkles and dark spots.
- No. 7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi-Action Serum – This serum that has retinol claims to improve overall skin texture and helps smooth out wrinkles as well. This serum must be used in the morning and night after cleansing.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Skin Therapy Oil for Face – This facial oil has paired retinol with argan, almond and coconut oil that can hydrate the deep layers of the skin. It’s highly commended by beauty laboratory testers as it can make your skin look plump and smooth.
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Regenerating Cream – This regenerating cream not only helps target wrinkles but also delivers a healthy boost of moisture in the skin as well. You must apply this cream twice a day to achieve the best results.
- La Prairie Cellular Power Charge Night – Considered as one of the high-end retinol creams, this product can improve your skin over time while being gentle to avoid irritation. Many claims that this product can make you go out of your home without applying makeup.
- Skinceuticals Custom D.O.S.E Corrective Serum – A personalized skincare that works by consulting a doctor and will advise you with customized formulas that will cater to the needs of your skin.
- Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment – This acne treatment is a cult-favorite because it resolves acne, fine lines, and wrinkle dilemmas.
- L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Face & Neck Cream – Also branded as one of the best creams for your face and neck, this cream has pro-retinol A that can increase the production of skin cells and completely remove fine lines while keeping your face hydrated and layers of your skin thickened.
- Naturopathica Argan & Retinol Wrinkle Repair Night Cream – Perfect for sensitive skin who’d like to add retinol to their skincare routine. This night cream can boost the rejuvenation of your skin and keep it from free radicals.
- Eau Thermale Avène RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream – Definitely not the least, this intensive cream has a pro-elastic peptide that has the ability to stimulate the production of collagen and vitamin E in your body – the good agents of fighting off early signs of aging. Moreover, it is perfect for all skin types because it is non-comedogenic and has no fragrance.
These are some of the information about the top 10 best retinol cream brands that could help you if you’re having a hard time choosing which one will best fit your skin. There are other brands you can choose from but it all boils down to what suits your skin type and needs.