Hyaluronic acid is a substance that naturally exists in our skin and joints. The loss of this substance conditions the aging of the skin and joint pain due to greater friction between the bones that make it up.
The experts at looklovelylondon.co.uk explain that there are two types of ageing:
- photoaging (caused by ultraviolet radiation on the skin)
- chronoaging (due to age) and are characterized by the appearance of wrinkles, loss of elasticity, sagging and the appearance of spots. During aging, in addition to hyaluronic acid, elastic fibers, fat and even bone mass are lost.
Fighting the effects of aging
A simple and safe way to fight against this loss of tissues, which causes wrinkles, sagging and a “tired face”, is by the infiltration of hyaluronic acid (also used by rheumatologists and orthopaedists to treat joints).
It is a technique that, when performed by an experienced professional, achieves a very natural appearance, improving the harmony of the face, reducing wrinkles and providing luminosity of the skin.
The results are noticeable right after the technique, but they will improve as the days go by. It is also a useful technique to treat some skin disorders, such as acne scars and for lip contouring or filling.
The technique is very simple
- It takes an average of 20 minutes and is minimally painful.
- The hyaluronic solution used is bioequivalent to natural and is sterile.
- Treatment must be personalized since all people do not need the same amount of product or require infiltration in the same areas.
- A first assessment is made in which the patient is evaluated and the procedure explained to them in detail.
- The areas most treated are the wrinkles originating at the nose and running to the corners of the lips, the “puppet” wrinkles (from the corner of the mouth to the chin) and the wrinkles in the area between the eyebrows.
- The first two areas respond very well to hyaluronic acid and the third usually requires treatment with botulinum toxin and a second-time treatment with hyaluronic acid.
- Lip profiling improves the appearance of people with thin lips that have lost moisture and elasticity.
- Another highly demanded treatment is mesotherapy, which consists of infiltrating low-density hyaluronic acid in a generalized way (the entire face and/or décolleté). The solution manages to hydrate the skin, provide luminosity and stimulate the natural production of collagen, without a filling effect.
The technique is very safe and, performed correctly, practically has no side effects. Among those that may appear, it is worth mentioning bruises in the area (especially when the lips are treated), which disappear in 24-48 hours.
Another bonus is that it can be performed at any time of the year, unlike other dermatological treatments, such as peels (which are not recommended in summer) due to the danger resulting from exposing the treated area directly to the sun.
Are you ready to make the most of the revitalizing hyaluronic acid treatments available today? Consult your local specialist about your needs and find out how you can look younger and wrinkle-free.