Are you wondering if diamonds will fall out of engagement rings? If you were newly engaged, you surely wouldn’t want the gemstones to fall out of your ring, would you? After all, that’s where the sparkle is located—the highlight of the band.
However, diamonds can fall out of rings when you are not very careful during specific circumstances. The best thing you can do to prevent this is to be aware of these situations. We understand how much you want a piece of very personal jewelry to last forever; hence, in this article, we will give you the best tips on how to keep your diamond jewelry Vancouver ring intact at all times.
Why Diamonds Fall Out of Rings
The most common reason for a diamond falling out of the ring is when the wearer inadvertently hit it on hard surfaces. Diamonds are guaranteed to be strong and secure, but it will still loosen up over time if not given proper TLC.
Here are our solid tips to make sure the diamonds on your ring will stay in place indefinitely.
1. Don’t overexpose your ring to water. This is the first thing you have to stop doing to prevent the stone from wearing off. You don’t have to take them off every time you wash your hands, but it’s best to leave them behind when you take a shower or step into the pool. Too much water can weaken and loosen the metal clasps, which will eventually make the stone fall out.
2. Avoid using chemical cleaners. This is a piece of good advice, especially if you don’t know the ingredients of the cleaner. While it is necessary to clean your jewelry regularly, it is best to ditch something that is not familiar. Or you can ask your reputable jeweler for help when it comes to cleaning your diamond ring.
3. Do not wear your ring when doing strenuous activities. We do a lot of things with our hands and fingers. While some chores are jewelry-safe, you should consider removing your rings when doing the following:
- Playing rigorous sports
- Gardening (you can wear gloves, but it’s better to be safe)
- Applying lotions and cosmetics
- Doing something with tools
Your Diamond Ring Needs TLC
Your diamond jewelry Vancouver ring is one of your most valuable purchases ever. Take care of it as you take care of your relationship.