Even if you’re a seasoned traveler, it’s still possible to learn new handy travel tips, which will make your life a whole lot easier, when you’re traveling to new and exotic locales.
5 Travel tips you’ll wish you heard of earlier:
1. If you plan on doing laundry on vacation, hold on to any coins which you may get. Depending on the accommodation that you choose to stay at, there may be on-site, coin-operated washing machines and dryers which you can use to wash your clothes. However, in many cases, you have to have the right amount of coins on hand, so it pays to hold on to any spare coins which you get given. If your accommodation doesn’t boast on-site laundry facilities, use Google Maps to find your nearest self serve laundrette.
2. Try to select hotels which offer complimentary breakfast. If you’ve narrowed down your selection of hotels down to a couple of hotels which have a similar rating and location, it’s worth opting for the hotel which offers a free breakfast. In order to cut down on your food expenses, which may allow you to enjoy more lunches and dinners at local restaurants. Just remember that hotels which offer continental breakfasts usually offer toast, spreads, and cereals, while hotels which offer cooked breakfasts offer extras such as sausages, eggs, baked beans, and specialty bread. So in most cases, a cooked breakfast will be more hearty and filling than a traditional continental breakfast, which is useful knowledge if you’re on a budget.
3. If you’re not happy with the room which you’re assigned, let the reception staff know. If you’re instantly disappointed when you unlock your hotel room and step into your temporary home away from home, it’s well worth picking up your phone or walking down to reception to let the reception staff know why you’re disappointed. As in many cases, if there are spare rooms available, that are worth a similar value, the reception staff may be more than willing to move you to a new room.
4. If you plan on hiring a rental car, choose a hotel which offers free parking. If you love having the freedom to drive around a new city, make sure to factor in the price of parking if you don’t elect to stay at a hotel which offers free parking. Especially if your chosen hotel is located in the heart of the city, where parking spots may be limited and exorbitantly priced. Thankfully when you search for hotels on hotel comparison sites, you’ll be able to narrow down your search by requesting that all hotels that come up in your search, offer complimentary free parking for their guests.
5. If you don’t plan on renting a car, choose a hotel which is located within walking distance of public transportation. It’s a smart idea to choose a hotel which is located five minutes from a subway station or a bus stop. As it’s far more convenient and a whole lot cheaper to use public transportation in many urban cities, instead of paying for a taxi or an Uber.
So, when you book your next trip, ensure to keep all 5 of the handy tips listed above in mind, to make your trip a little easier.