The Sonics are a classic American rock band which formed back in 1960. To learn everything you need to know about The Sonics Band, simply continue reading.
Everything you need to know about The Sonics Band:
1. The Sonics inspired multiple generations of rock bands. Some examples of highly successful bands and artists which credited The Sonics for inspiring their music include: Nirvana, The Fall, and Bruce Springsteen.
2. The Sonics continue to tour. One original member of The Sonics, Rob Lind, continues to tour with the current iteration of The Sonics. As well as providing vocals, Lind also plays the harmonica on many tracks as well as the saxophone.
3. Their track “RocknRolla” featured in the blockbuster film RocknRolla. The Sonics’ track “RocknRolla” was featured in the blockbuster Guy Ritchie film “RocknRolla”, which was released in 2008.
4. In 2015, they released their first new album in 40 years. When The Sonics released their first new studio album “This Is The Sonics”, in 2015, over 40 years had passed since they released their last studio album.
5. Most of the original band members left The Sonics between 1966 and 1968. The Sonics original line up only stayed together for 6 years as between 1966 and 1968, all of the original members of The Sonics except for Rob Lind, chose to leave The Sonics. Most of the original members, left the band to attend university or to join brand new bands. Rob Lind, who was the last remaining member of The Sonics temporarily left The Sonics to serve as a fighter pilot in the Vietnam War. During the years, which Lind served in the Vietnam War, a new line up of The Sonics produced tracks. Eventually, when Rob Lind returned from the war, he decided to rejoin the current version of The Sonics.
6. The Sonics debut album Here Comes The Sonic boasts a wide variety of successful tracks. Some of The Sonics most well-known tracks were released on their debut album Here Comes The Sonic. Some of which include “The Witch”, “Have Love Will Travel”, “Do You Love Me”, “Roll Over Beethoven”, “Walking The Dog” and “Night Time Is The Right Time”.
7. Here Comes The Sonic was later rereleased in 1999. Norton Records who owned the rights to Here Comes The Sonic decided to release the hit album in 1999. In hopes that it would appeal to a new generation of punk rock fans.
8. The Sonic’s music appealed to fans of different music genres. As The Sonic’s music featured elements of classic rock and roll as well as elements of garage rock and proto punk, their music appealed to a wide variety of music fans.
9. The original lineup of The Sonics reunited in 1972 for a single show. All of the original members of The Sonics reunited in 1972 to perform a live show at Seattle’s Paramount Theater.
10. In 1980 a new line up released an album which featured re-recorded versions of The Sonics classic tracks. The 1980 line up of The Sonics released the album Sinderella, which featured their versions of The Sonics original tracks. After reading all of the interesting facts listed above, it’s a great idea to listen to see of the tracks from The Sonics classic albums.